Dapper: What it Means & How to Look Dapper
Dapper - Adjective
“neat; trim; smart: He looked very dapper in his new suit.”
“lively and brisk: to walk with a dapper step.”
“small and active.”
When it comes to daily streetwear a dapper man is someone who effortlessly keep up with a sleek and stylish appearance on a daily basis. However, that is not enough to understand the terms as anything from a pre-tie bowtie, nauseatingly fashion characteristics are considered dapper as well. To help you understand we have listed down a few characteristics of a dapper man.
- Accessories - What makes a dapper man stand apart from the rest is the way they accessorize themselves. While anyone can put on a smart jacket, shirt, and pants together; there are only a few that can carry it all well. As it is the accessories you carry with your outfit that add the perfect final touches to your appearance. So the next time you are looking to add accessories we suggest you take a little extra time to ensure they add to your appearance.
- Turtlenecks - While a shirt and tie are certainly a dapper choice. However, wearing a turtleneck and carry it in a casual appearance, can allow you the opportunity to take your sophistication to a whole new level. So it's time to stop considering turtleneck as an item of the past and wear it as a timeless piece it is.
- Seasonal Fabrics - A dapper man is one who knows what seasonal fabrics are, how to carry them well. Which is why you will find that only a dapper man is carrying on season fabrics. Celebrating the joys and pleasures the season has to offer. This is why we suggest you take a different look at the fabrics you carry and try to sort your clothing to match each season.
- Loafers - Another comfortable appearance a dapper man carries around are his loafers. A cool, casual, and comfortable appearance that brings forward an effortless style. Men, it is time to throw away your sneakers and lace-up, and trade them for stylish leather loafers. There comes a point in your life when you need to grow up and take on a more stylish choice in shoe wear.
How to Look Dapper:
When it comes to looking dapper there are a few hard and fast rules you can start with, these will help ensure that you look and feel dapper at the same time.
- Casual Wear - It is time to redefine your casual appearance, while everyone can look good in a suit; it's what you wear casually that makes the difference.
- Tailored Suits - To look dapper you must invest in your appearance, which is why it's time to lay out some cash for a tailored suit.
- Haircut - No, you don’t need a military cut, but you need to look sharp at all times. Which is why we suggest you choose a haircut that compliments your appearance.
- Pockets - Men know not to carry heavy pockets, as they create an unnecessary sagging. Clean and well-proportioned pockets are exactly what you need.
- Shape - Staying in shape is essential, as what you wear should carry on your is not enough. This is why we suggest you pay some attention to your lifestyle and take on a healthier note.